Senior Business Development Manager: 5+ years exp – Digital Media
Senior Business Development Manager
Praetorian is revolutionizing digital media advertising in the public safety and local government markets and is seeking an experienced and forward thinking salesperson to drive customer acquisition and take market share. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter who has demonstrated skills closing business and exceeding targets. This job blends inside and outside sales capabilities with occasional trade show attendance and in-person meetings. The position is an ideal opportunity for a seasoned up and coming sales professional with at least 5 years of sales experience who is excited by new media.
Our business model offers a wide range of online advertising and marketing solutions for our clients and has been recognized as being at the forefront of digital media. You'll be joining an entrepreneurial and results-driven sales team with a history of exceeding expectations for a growing list of clients. The position represents an exceptional opportunity to have an immediate impact on the growth and direction of our company and offers significant financial upside.
• At least 5 years of proven sales experience with a track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
• Tenacious, goal-oriented individual
• Ability to maintain high call volume consistently
• Quick problem-solving abilities
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills both over the phone and in person
• Demonstrated knowledge of online marketing and web-based advertising
• Highly organized and process oriented
• Experience using CRM software
• Team player that works well in a competitive environment
• Identify and close business opportunities through a high level of phone prospecting
• Conduct face-to-face sales at trade shows, events, and the occasional client trip
• Complete 'Needs Analysis' for hundreds of potential clients
• Maintain activity goals, manage accounts in CRM and conduct account research
• Engage, close and service clients over email
• Achieve revenue goals and hit sales quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Competitive base salary and commission/bonus
• Health care benefits
• Matching 401k opportunities
• Stock option package
To apply, please send your resume and a brief letter outlining what you bring to the position.
About Praetorian Digital
Praetorian Digital is the leading digital media company in the public safety and local government market. Our online properties, including PoliceOne.com, FireRescue1.com, EMS1.com, CorrectionsOne.com, Military1.com, and EfficientGov.com are visited by millions of first responders, public safety and government personnel every month and provide resources ranging from news and video content to accredited online training and grant funding assistance. Our rapidly growing Online Learning division provides mandated continuing education to and an industry leading learning management system to more than 1,000 Public Safety departments and municipalities across the United States. Profitable since 2005, Praetorian Digital is currently growing at 20% per year. Overall, we're an energetic company with a strong, creative and supportive culture and focus on profession development and are big believers in balancing work with fun – including regular team building events from Vegas off-sites to cook-offs and more. We’re deeply committed to providing cutting-edge information and resources that help first responders, government officials and military personnel better protect themselves and serve their communities.