Operations Associate – Grant Operations
Operations Associate – Grant Operations
The mission of our Grants Division is to provide local government leaders and first responders with a comprehensive resource for grant information and assistance. Working with some of the leading grant experts in the country, our grant assistance programs have helped fund over $150 Million for local governments.
We are looking for an Operations Associate to join our Grants Division. The role of the Operations Associate will be to play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of the Grants Division by vigorously addressing operational and project management activities. The ideal Operations Associate candidate will be experienced with grant application assembly, writing, editing for nonprofit organizations and/or local government agencies, as well as display a strong knack for researching grant opportunities for funding.
- Proven track record of success as a grant researcher and writer.
- Strong command of the English language with demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with federal, foundation, and corporate grant proposals
- Excellent grant research skills including familiarity and use of private/public grant search engines
- Experience working with public safety, local government and/or nonprofit agency clients
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel, as well as electronic proposal submission methods and systems
- Minimum Experience: 2 or more years of experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal management and/or grant writing experience
- Application assembly and potential Grant Writing Project Management, which includes reviews and edits of grant applications as well as narrative statements
- Assist the Grant Operations Manager with database content management
- Maintain existing databases utilized by the Grants Division
- Perform specialty and general grants research for Grants Division and for agencies participating in our grant program
- Providing exceptional customer service and internal support for grant program inquiries
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- People oriented with a strong phone presence
- Hard working, organized, and a desire to work within a team environment
- Highly motivated, outgoing, and energetic with a professional demeanor
- A willingness to help others
- An extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, English, Sociology, or a related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- Located in Plano TX
- Full-time salary position with bonus opportunities
- Company option plan and benefits including health care, dental, retirement and paid time off
About Praetorian Digital
As the leading learning and content platform for public safety and local government, Praetorian Digital helps departments, municipalities, companies and organizations keep our communities safe, secure and operating efficiently. Our platform – consisting of leading digital media properties, a proprietary learning management system and workflow tools – delivers expert content and solutions that facilitate information sharing, enhance effectiveness, mitigate risk and streamline training. We’ve built an incredible track record of success since the company was founded in 1999. Profitable since 2005 and growing in excess of 15% each year, we combine deep industry experience and digital expertise with a passionate culture and impactful mission to help those who keep us safe that permeates our business. Our network represents nearly 1.6 million first responders and local government leaders, more than 6,000 municipalities and in excess of 500 industry suppliers.
We’re an energetic company with a strong, creative and supportive culture and focus on profession development and are big believers in balancing work with fun – including regular team building events from Vegas off-sites to cook-offs and more. We’ve created an environment where talented employees can develop hands-on experience in marketing, editorial, production, product development, operations, sales and business management – while also watching firsthand how their efforts enable our members to literally save lives.