Business Development Manager: 1-3 years exp - Digital MediaLocation: San Francisco, CA or Plano, TX Department: Digital Media
Business Development Manager
Are you looking for high growth company that’s on the forefront of digital media to accelerate your career in sales? Do you have experience selling digital advertising or developing online marketing programs? Are you looking for a company that has significant growth potential in digital sales where you can grow your earning potential?
We seek an aggressive and motivated business professional to help us grow market share and drive customer acquisition in the First Responder and Public Safety markets. Ideal candidates are highly-motivated self-starters who have demonstrated the ability to drive sales and close business. This job blends inside and outside sales capabilities with occasional trade show attendance and in-person meetings. The position is an ideal opportunity for an up and coming sale professional with 1-3 years of sales experience.
Our business model offers a wide range of online advertising solutions for our clients and has been recognized by industry experts as being at the forefront of business-to-business online media. You'll be joining an entrepreneurial and results-driven sales team with a history of exceeding expectations for a growing list of clients. The position represents an exceptional opportunity to have an immediate impact on the growth and direction of our company and offers significant financial upside.
• 1 to 3 years of proven sales experience with a track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
• Tenacious, goal-oriented individual
• Ability to maintain high call volume consistently
• Quick problem-solving abilities
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills both over the phone and in person
• Demonstrated knowledge of online marketing and web-based advertising
• Highly organized and process oriented
• Experience using CRM software
• Team player that works well in a competitive environment
• Identify and close business opportunities through a high level of phone prospecting
• Conduct face-to-face sales at trade shows, events, and the occasional client trip
• Complete 'Needs Analysis' for hundreds of potential clients
• Maintain activity goals, manage accounts in CRM and conduct account research
• Engage, close and service clients over email
• Achieve revenue goals and hit sales quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Competitive base salary and commission/bonus
• Health care benefits
• Matching 401k opportunities
• Stock option package
To apply, please send us your resume and a brief letter outlining what you bring to the position.
About Praetorian Digital
Praetorian Digital is the leading digital media company in the public safety and local government market. Our online properties, including PoliceOne.com, FireRescue1.com, EMS1.com, CorrectionsOne.com, Military1.com, and EfficientGov.com are visited by millions of first responders, public safety and government personnel every month and provide resources ranging from news and video content to accredited online training and grant funding assistance. Our rapidly growing Online Learning division provides mandated continuing education to and an industry leading learning management system to more than 1,000 Public Safety departments and municipalities across the United States. Profitable since 2005, Praetorian Digital is currently growing at 20% per year. Overall, we're an energetic company with a strong, creative and supportive culture and focus on profession development and are big believers in balancing work with fun – including regular team building events from Vegas off-sites to cook-offs and more. We’re deeply committed to providing cutting-edge information and resources that help first responders, government officials and military personnel better protect themselves and serve their communities.
Apply for this position today...
The Praetorian Digital received a FOLIO Eddy Award in 2010 for FireRescue1.com
The Praetorian Digital was named Western Region Finalist for the 2010 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award
PoliceOne and FireRescue1 were each recognized in B2B Magazine’s special Top 10 Great Media Sites issue
Praetorian Digital publications have won a total of 7 Western Publishing Association Maggie Awards over the past 4 years
Praetorian Digital is a three-time Telly Award winner for industry leading video production