Senior Grant Operations ManagerLocation: Plano, TX Department: Grants
Senior Grant Operations Manager
The mission of our Grants department is to provide local government leaders with a comprehensive resource for grant information and assistance. Working with some of the leading grant experts in the country, our grant assistance programs have helped fund over $100 Million for local government.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Grants Division. The role of the Senior Manager will be to run the business operations for the grant writing department and directly manage the Associate Project Mangers. This position reports into the Director of the Grants Division.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has deep experience in grant management including grant writing for nonprofit organizations and/or local government agencies. We are looking for someone that can work effectively, learn quickly and make an impact at our company!
- Proven track record of success as a grant writer and grant manager
- Previous management experience (minimum of 3-5 years) of direct reports and contractors or part-time staff
- Proven ability to lead and manage proposal development teams
- Experience writing federal, state and private grant proposals
- Experience working with public safety, local government and/or nonprofit agency clients
- Excellent grant research skills including familiarity and use of private/public grant search engines
- Strong command of the English language with demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel, as well as electronic proposal submission methods and systems
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal management and/or grant writing experience
- Management of Associate Project Managers and contract staff
- Cost Management for Grant Writing Department
- Selection, hiring and contract management of grant consultants
- Coordination of custom project requests including writing, research and application assembly
- Complete required reports as requested
- Fulfillment of contracted grant writing project management
- Staff and Contractor training for grant related trends
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- People oriented with a strong phone presence
- Hard working, organized and desire to work within a team environment
- Highly motivated, outgoing, and energetic with a professional demeanor
- A willingness to help others
- An extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Public Safety grant writing experience is a plus!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Healthcare Administration, Political Science, English, Public Safety, Business, or a related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- Located in Plano TX
- Full-time salary position with bonus opportunities.
- Company option plan and benefits, including health care, dental, retirement, and paid time off
Apply for this position today...
The Praetorian Digital received a FOLIO Eddy Award in 2010 for FireRescue1.com
The Praetorian Digital was named Western Region Finalist for the 2010 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business Award
PoliceOne and FireRescue1 were each recognized in B2B Magazine’s special Top 10 Great Media Sites issue
Praetorian Digital publications have won a total of 7 Western Publishing Association Maggie Awards over the past 4 years
Praetorian Digital is a three-time Telly Award winner for industry leading video production